Are you the kind of person who, no matter how good the story is, always find the errors and wish you could fix them? Do typos, misspellings, bad punctuation, grammar errors jump out at you? Do you have the patience to re-read a story until you've hunted down all the mistakes?
If this is you and you like erotic fiction, then we would love to have you as a proofreader for ForbiddenFiction!
Erotic fiction in all lengths, genres, sexualities and kinks!
ForbiddenFiction.com is a publisher devoted to writing that breaks the boundaries of original erotic fiction. We are seeking stories which combine intense sexuality with quality writing. If it's a well written erotic story, we'll consider it.
( Click for more information!Collapse )
ForbiddenFiction.com also has Free Memberships. Sign in to read new free fiction every day!
A Taste of Romance - A collection of novellas where the food is as tasty as the sex. This collection focuses on romance and food, with the bonus of a recipe (original) of one of the dishes in each story. (Nearly complete. Need only 1-2 more courses.)
Swords and Sandals - Erotic tales of the ancient Mediterranean world. Tales from Rome, Greece, Egypt, and more. We'd love to see decadent stories from behind the pages of history - Gladiators, slaves, Senators, warriors, Centurions, brothels, orgies - inspired by the stories of these ancient cultures. (Nearly complete. Maybe one more story?)
Out of Habit - Erotic tales of clergy - priests, priestesses, nuns, ministers, imams, rabbis, monks and acolytes. (Nearly complete. Maybe one more story?)
Of Passion and Steam - Erotic stories of Victorian and/or steampunk. Sex toys of brass, gears and steam? Victorian historical, science fiction or magic - all turned toward heating things up. (Half-way there!)
Breaking Gender – Erotic stories featuring transgender and/or gender non-conforming characters who take names and kick ass. Shapeshifters welcome! How about a steampunk, transwoman dom with an eyepatch? Or even the classic trope of a cabin boy who is a girl in disguise. As is always true at FF, we need strong plots and believable characters, not just sex scenes. (Half-way there!)
Southern Queer - Erotic stories of being queer (GLBT) in the American deep south.
Bring Out Your Dead - Erotic stories of the dead, the undead, and the living who have to deal with them. Graphic horror meets graphic erotica in stories you can sink your teeth into. (Half-way there!)
Into the Wicked Woods - Erotic fairy tales where Ever After isn't always so Happy, and everyone gets what's coming to them.
Scales and Claws - Dragons: awesome, terrifying creatures of magic, fire and passion. Erotic stories featuring dragons who lust for more than hoards of gold.
Winter's Darkest Desires - Erotic stories from the dark side of the holidays. Winter brings longer nights and holiday cheer is not always enough. Dark passions? Naughty Santa? Drunken holiday party mistakes?
- Energy undirected will find form. – If you raise energy without directing it, it may find outlets you are not comfortable with. Buried emotions can come up when you least expect it. Energy is as real as matter, find ways to channel it safely.
- Make conscious the unconscious. – If you make conscious the unconscious motivations, results and ideals of yourself or others’, you make informed choice possible.
- Kindness and respect are everyone’s due, even you. – No matter what they or you have done, it is never a bad idea to treat someone with kindness and respect.
- Everyone is doing the best they know how to do given the resources they currently have. – That doesn’t mean that you approve of what they are doing. But they may not have had the knowledge, experience, stability or physical ability to have done it differently. Offering help in such areas will result in better results than punishment. Of course, if they do not want to do it differently, protecting yourself is also an option.
- Never assume malice. – Most of the time, people act without the understanding of why they do what they do, let alone the consequences of their behavior. That does not mean you must accept the behavior. But it is usually not helpful to assume malice.
- It probably isn't about you. – We often react to other people as a child who thinks the world revolves around them. Most of the time, when other people are angry or afraid, it is not about us but about their own history.
- You are responsible for your own actions or inactions. – We may not always be in control of our emotions, but we are responsible for our behavior. We are not responsible for the behavior of others. Even parents can only guide their children.
- Everything and everyone changes. – You can't go back. Places change, people change. For example, if you knew someone ten years ago, you must learn them anew. Survival is about adapting to changing situations.
- Breathe deep and slow, and the pain will go. – Taking time to breathe, relax and think can help in most areas of life. Breathing deep and relaxing will lessen physical pain by getting additional oxygen into the blood stream. It also helps you get in touch with your body, emotions, and make better decisions.
- When in doubt, talk it out. – Check with the person you are upset with. Share with, ask questions and really listen to them. Maybe you don’t have all the facts. Maybe it is a misunderstanding. You won’t know until you talk. If you can’t or are too upset to talk to them yet, talk with someone who can help you get a reality check on what you are thinking.
- Create detours, not road blocks. – If someone is doing or saying something you do not like or are unhappy with the way they are doing it, suggest an alternative. They may not know another way. By focusing on what you want instead of what you do not want, you may both get what you need.
- The only way out, is through. – No matter what happened, you have to move forward. You can't avoid the consequences, we have to work through them. You can turn, make a new path, but you can't retrace your steps backward. Learn from the past, but move toward the future.
- Put your own mask on first. – Airlines always caution people in an emergency to put their own oxygen mask on first before helping others. The urge to help others is good but if you don't take care of yourself, you will be of no help to anyone else.
- Birds have wings, cats have claws and humans have culture. – We are an interdependent species. We evolved to function as part of social groups. It is our greatest sources of stress and our key to success. Never underestimate the need to be part of a human community. Children are not the only ones who need the village to be healthy. The trick is to balance individual needs with that of other people.
- Balance in all things. – Happiness is not in excess but in the balance of all things in one’s life. To be whole is to allow for complexity and to find a way to give space for competing elements – needs/desires/feelings/ideas.
Copyright D. Atkins 2005. Last revised 9/2/2013